Choose Flandrau as the venue for your next private event! We offer a variety of facility rental options to suit your needs, with a fun and unique atmosphere that your guests are sure to remember. We can be the host for small meetings, receptions, lectures, private and after-hours planetarium shows.
"Flandrau provided Reach For The Stars donors with an awe-inspiring experience into space, allowing adults the opportunity to release their inner child. The feedback was out of this world."
Co-Founder, Reach For The Stars
Scheduling and Availability:
- Private event start time 6PM or later
- Daytime opportunities may be available. Additional fees apply.
Group or event size: Maximum number of guests varies by space. In general, Flandrau cannot accommodate groups larger than 145. See below for details.
- Science Center Exhibit Halls
- Eos Planetarium Theater
- Galaxy Room
- Dino Room
- Insect Room
$150 to $850 base rate depending on spaces rented and activities selected. See "Available Areas and Costs" below.
20% University of Arizona Departments
10% Active Flandrau Science Center & Planetarium members (learn about memberships)
10% Non-Profits and Title I
Available Spaces and Costs
Science Center Exhibit Halls
Enjoy science exhibits and interactives as you mingle.
Private events in exhibit halls are available after-hours only
- $850 base rate includes two hours of guest event time
- $300 for each additional hour
Tables, Linens, and Chairs
- Additional cost applies for rental of tables, linens, and chairs (not included in rental rate)
- All scheduling and coordination of table, linen, and chair rentals is the responsibility of the customer booking the private event. Rentals are available through a local vendor of your choice
Maximum Number of Guests
- 100 Guests
|Included in the Rental Rate||Optional Add-ons (Additional Fees Apply)|
|One hour for set up, one hour for clean up||Additional set up/clean up time|
|Access to science center exhibits on the main and lower levels (except for Undersea Discovery)||Undersea Discovery may be added for $150. Includes one 30-minute touch tank experience for guests|
|Cocktail style reception floor plan is included with the base rate||Customized event floor plans|
|Catering through Arizona Catering Events & Co., or a local vendor of your choice|
|Bar service for private events must be provided through Arizona Catering Events & Co. Wine and beer only permitted, see below.|
Eos Planetarium Theater
Perfect for private presentations, shows, awards, and other affairs.
Private events in Eos Planetarium Theater are available after-hours only
- $500 base rate includes two hours of guest event time
- $200 for each additional hour
- Includes half hour for set up, half hour for clean up
- A/V equipment includes microphone, sound system, and standard projector
- Slides, videos, etc. must be received at least 48 hours in advance of event.
- If using your own computer, adaptor/connection needs to be communicated at least 48 hours in advance.
No Food or Drink
- Due to the nature of the theater and its seating and equipment, there is a strict NO food and drink policy inside the theater.
Maximum Number of Guests
- $200 after hours theater rental free plus the group rental rate for your party ($5 to $10 per person depending on non-profit, etc.)
- Includes planetarium operator to facilitate star talk or laser show
Maximum number of guests
- 145 guests
Dino, Insect, or Galaxy Room
Meeting or small reception rooms with fun science themes.
Available during the day and after hours
Each of these three available spaces are priced separately.
Birthday parties are a whole different affair! See our Birthday Party page.
- During business hours: $150 base rate
- Includes one hour of guest event time
- $100 for each additional hour of guest event time
- After hours: $200 per hour
Included in the Room Rental
- Half hour for set up, half hour for clean up
- Use of refrigerator/freezer
- Sink in the Galaxy Room and Insect Room
- Display monitor with wireless and HDMI connectivity available for use in the Dino and Insect rooms
Maximum number of guests for each space varies based on seating layout
- Dino: 24-32 guests
- Insect: 24-30 guests
- Galaxy: 36-45 guests
Alcohol at events
Yes, you can have alcohol at your event when you go through the proper process. Please be aware of University guidelines and sufficient notice.
- Only beer and wine are permitted
- No hard liquors, spirituous drinks, or kegs
- Two drink per guest maximum
- All groups have to go through Arizona Catering Co. for alcohol.
- Bar service must include complimentary beverages and catered food with the cost covered by the customer. Cash bars are not permitted.